Sunday, February 10, 2008

To paraphrase Ray Charles, Hit the road Jack and don't you come back 'til Friday

I'm off TDY at some point tomorrow afternoon. I don't expect to be back until very late on Friday and I'm unsure of my Internet access during my absence from the CAAFlog command post. So I hope my colleagues will keep you informed and entertained over the next week. If not, with prospects good for an end to the Writers Guild's strike, you might be able to ease your CAAFlog separation anxiety with "The Daily Show" (instead of "A Daily Show").

4 comments:

John O'Connor said...

I'm not sure who should be more offended by a comparison of this blog to The Daily Show: this blog or The Daily Show.

Dwight Sullivan said...

No worries, JO'C, you can console yourself with Colbert. :-)

John O'Connor said...

Same answer.

Anonymous said...

Hit the Road, Jack. From the Junk Mail episode of Seinfeld:
Elaine: "So I told him (Puddy), 'Hit the road. I'm going back with Jack (CAAFlog).'"
Jack: "Elaine, that's the second piece of good news today."
Elaine: "Really, what was the first?"
Jack, pulling out his Wiz hat: "They're bringing me back. Yeah. I'm the Wiz
again."
Elaine: "What?"
Jack, dancing around: "I'm the Wiz! I'm the Wiz!"
Elaine: "Well what, what about your fact-checking job?"
Jack, dancing around: "Oh... here's a fact. Uh, I'm... the Wiz! I'm the Wiz
and noooobody beats me!"