Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Have an ice Valentine's Day

When I left home this morning, the ice storm had knocked out power to my house. So I'm posting before I leave work since I don't know if I'll have computer access when I get home.

One person who should be having a nice Valentine's Day is Dearing, for whom 14 February represents the day after the SG's deadline to file a cert petition in his case (or DASGDTFCPIHC Day).

Next up in the SG's military justice queue is Loving. The deadline for a cert petition in Loving is 12 March.

Also, there are two military justice cases on the Supremes' conference docket this Friday: Christian, No. 06-7397, and Lovett, No. 06-964.

Finally, there's got to be some clever combination of Valentine's Day, Dearing, and Loving, but it hasn't occurred to me yet. Thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would think Dearing's counsel would want to avoid comparisons to any mythological creature using sharp objects in his daily job.