Thursday, November 20, 2008

Daily Journal Oddities

I was perusing the Daily Journal and could not help but chuckle when I saw this entry:

No. 09-0075/AF.  U.S. v. Johnny L. FRANCISCO.  CCA 36773. 

CAAFlog, or other AF lurkers, must confirm for me that Johnny Francisco is a real person and the ship/boat gremlins from the MCM haven't invaded the CAAF Daily Journal. When I read it I imagined a . . . Ok, I won't say who I imagined saying that name or under what circumstances he/she was saying it. Let's just say it reminded me of a smoky black and white private detective movie.

Second, oddity. I have never seen a motion to summarily dismiss oral argument . . . until today. Thank you Mr. Von Bergen. There's a story behind that one, I am sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can confirm that Pvt Grey will be executed 10 December.

Mike "No Man" Navarre said...

Wow, we have a psychic Anonymous. Considering that Pvt Gray has a potential federal district court Habeas case to file, that is Kreskin-like. The date is scheduled for Dec. 10, we'll see what happens. As always, count on CAAFlog to keep you informed of the latest developments on this front. See Army Times article here.