Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The universe of Amateur Hour fans expands . . .

The Appellate Law and Practice Blog shares CAAFlog's dislike of student amici and credits CAAFlog with beating him to the punch. Given my multiple physical (okay, technical) handicaps, I make no effort to provide the link and am simply pasting the blog entry below.

Amateur hour at the First
According to the “Official JD Admissions Blog at Harvard Law School” A Harvard 3L will be arguing before the First. The results of this case will bind future panels and all District Courts in the First Circuit.*
*I am not the first blawger to disapprove of law students arguing before Courts. CAAFlog beat me to it.
Posted by S. COTUS on April 21, 2008 at 12:13 PM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have an idea: student judges. What do you think?

M. T. Hall said...

How about appellate judges who have never been trial judges, have never been appellate counsel, and have not tried a case within 10 years of their appointment to the bench? Oops - belay my last. Perhaps we'd lose too many incumbents.