Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Denedo amici

I've been derelict in my blogging duties. I haven't posted links to two amicus briefs that were filed in Denedo -- both in support of the respondent. I knew about both amicus briefs, but for reasons I can't explain it didn't occur to me until today to actually post them. Sorry!

Here's a link to the amicus brief of former Judge Advocates General, military judges and senior military lawyers. The amici's counsel of record is the famed Ron Meister, a distinguished Navy JAG Corps alumnus. And here's a link to an amicus brief on behalf of ten law professors in support of respondent. Counsel of Record are William M. Hohengarten and Lindsay C. Harrison of Jenner & Block.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This might be the closest RADMs Hutson and Guter have ever come to military justice.

Anonymous said...

Are Hutson and Guter blindly drinking acid-laced kool-aid? So goes of what little respect I had for former TJAGs. Can't they just fade away into a quiet retirement?